- Assam not to ban 500 ml PET bottles
- Thousands of govt employees protest at Ramlila Maidan to demand restoration of Old Pension Scheme
- TDP-JSP will form next government in Andhra Pradesh: Pawan Kalyan
- DMK leader Elangovan accuses BJP of playing politics over Cauvery issue
- Congress slams PM Modi for promising now to set up a tribal university in Telangana
- Asian Games: Nandini Agasara claims bronze in women's Heptathlon
- 13 killed in Spain nightclub fire, 15 more missing
- Raj Bhavan-Bengal govt tiff set to aggravate as Guv appoints 6 more interm V-Cs
- Himachal govt to set up commando force: CM Sukhu
- Doctor passengers help baby suffering from severe breathing crisis on flight
Popular writer Jagaddhatri no more
Famous writer and author Jagaddhatri has committed suicide, according to reports. She was found hanging in her house on Saturday.
Hyderabad: Famous writer and author Jagaddhatri has committed suicide, according to reports. She was found hanging in her house on Saturday.
Jagaddhatri is said to have become lonely after the death of Ramateertha, a poet, and it allegedly was the reason for her suicide, as she could not cope from his death.
Jagaddhatri wrote in Hindi, Telugu and English languages. She also worked as a lecturer. Condolences are pouring in for her on social media.
Jagaddhartri and Ramateertha were poets and loved each other when they were in college. But, both ended up marrying different persons. Ten years ago, they started living together again in Visakhapatnam. Jagaddhartri's daughter and father did not take it lightly. Her daughter even refused to call Jagaddhatri her mother.
Ramateertha died in May. At his condolence meeting, when Jagaddhatri was speaking on the Dais, Ramateerthi's daughter came on to the stage and slapped her. Ramateertha's wife and son live in Hyderabad and his daughter lives in the US.
Jagaddhatri's husband took her body to her home. He will perform the last rights tomorrow.