- PlayStation India Announces PS5 Cricket24 Bundle; Launch Date and Details
- Over 90,000 US visas for Indian students, third year in a row
- TN to hold 1,000 medical camps to screen dengue from Oct 1
- Bandi Sanjay defends Guv, says BRS targeting her
- Medical negligence case: Another hospital in UP's Amethi loses licence
- Odisha Assembly adjourned till 4 pm amid Opposition ruckus
- I-T Department updates rules for startup equity valuation
- Now have real-time listening session with your group with Spotify's 'Jam'
- Telangana HC slaps Rs 10k fine on Aleru MLA over an election affidavit case
- Delhi Liquor Scam case: Kavitha gets relief from Supreme Court
Power sector scenario in TS is okay: R K Singh
Union Minister of State for Power and New Renewable Energy R K Singh said that as of now the power scenario in Telangana is fine.
Hyderabad: Union Minister of State for Power and New Renewable Energy R K Singh said that as of now the power scenario in Telangana is fine.
When it comes to the issue of Non-Performing Assets (NPAs) to the tune of Rs 2,000 crore being faced by the Discoms, he said, "I had held discussions on the issue and there is no problem and it will be cleared."
Telangana is doing okay. The only problem they are facing is the outstanding dues of various State government departments to the Discoms to the tune of Rs 9,000 crore," he added.
The Minister said that he had promised to visit the Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project (KLIS) during his next visit to the State. The KLIS needs about 4,000 megawatts.
However, "we have enough capacity and we are ready to provide to Telangana and there would not be any problem," he added.
The Minister clarified that he has not received any complaints on the irregularities in PPAs in Telangana from the State BJP leaders.