- Peddiraju takes charge as Srisailam temple EO
- MP Rangaiah hails rollout of Vande Bharat trains by PM
- CID arrests suspect in Krushi Cooperative Urban Bank case
- Complete prioritised govt buildings construction by Oct 30: Arun
- Foolproof arrangements for Chakra Snanam: Addl SP
- Centre recognises two villages under Best Tourism Village category in Telangana
- Implement promises before landing in Telangana, Kavitha tells Modi
- Ex-Bhongir DCC chief returns to Congress; more leaders, including BRS MLAs, to follow
- HC stays GO 84 regularising sale transactions through unregistered documents
- Nitish rules out return to NDA
Telangana: Man dies as Manjha slits his throat while traveling on a bike in Mancherial
A man died of severe bleeding after Manjha thread used for kite flying has slit his throat while traveling on a two-wheeler Mancherial District of Telangana on the day of the Sankranti festival.
In a horrific incident, a man died of severe bleeding after Manjha thread used for kite flying has slit his throat while traveling on a two-wheeler Mancherial District of Telangana on the day of the Sankranti festival. Going into the details, a couple riding a bike on the old Manchirala National Highway was hit by a kite thread (China Manja).
Against this backdrop, Bhimaiah's throat was slit as the thread wrapped around his neck and died on the spot. The wife was also seriously injured. The hometown of the deceased has been identified as Gollapalli in the Jagityal district.
Upon learning of the matter, the police rushed to the spot and examined it. The body was later taken to a local hospital for postmortem and a case has been registered and is being investigated.
It is learned that the government has repeatedly suggested that China Manjha be not used at all when flying kites and imposed a ban on the sale of Chinese manjha. However, China Manjha is still available in the markets.