- AAP in Punjab targeting political opponents: BJP leader Jakhar
- Goa to ban dog breed attacking humans, says CM Sawant
- ML study links reduced sleep and activity to premature birth
- MP Minister Yashodhara Raje Scindia not to contest coming Assembly polls
- California's longest serving Senator Dianne Feinstein dies at 90
- Danish Ali writes to PM Modi highlights threats, seeks his immediate attention on Bidhuri's episode
- AASU sweeps Gauhati University students' polls; ABVP bags 1 post
- 12 state-of-the-art libraries opened in Punjab, 16 more to come up
- The IT minister KTR laid foundation stone at Wanaparthy district
- Railways denied special train for TMC supporters to travel to Delhi: Abhishek Banerjee
Two get three-year RI for domestic violence
The XIX MM Court at Malkajgiri on Thursday sentenced two persons to three-year rigorous imprisonment
Hyderabad: The XIX MM Court at Malkajgiri on Thursday sentenced two persons to three-year rigorous imprisonment and imposed fine of Rs 5,000 and Rs 2,000 respectively for domestic violence against the complainant.
According to prosecution, the complainant M Padma (38) had got married to M Anjaiah (38) 16 years ago. At the time of marriage, her parents gave Rs 50,000 cash and 3 tola gold and household articles as dowry. After marriage, they lived happily for a certain period.
However, later her husband started harassing her for additional dowry. Moreover, he married another woman B Adilaxmi (31).
Kushaiguda police completed the investigation and filed charge sheet in the court. During the trial, the XIX MM Court at Malkajgiri on Thursday convicted Anjaiah and Adilaxmi to undergo 3-year rigorous imprisonment and imposed fine of Rs 5,000 and Rs 2,000.