- Hooda promises to fill 2L posts if Cong returns to helm in Haryana
- Nearly 400 lions died in Gujarat in three years, unnatural causes behind some deaths
- Nandamuri Kalyan Ram, Periodic Spy thriller Devil Releasing Worldwide on December 29th
- Empowering Lives: Jamiatul Falah's Initiative to Provide Free Artificial Limbs in B.C. Road
- APPSC notification to fill Group-II posts
- Gujarat CM unveils 22 development projects
- Experimental Film '1134' To Release On December 15th
- BJP objects to Nawab Malik 'joining' Ajit Pawar-led NCP faction
- Manufacturers should have the power to produce quality products: CM Siddaramaiah
- Atishi issues warning after inspection reveals overflowing sewers in Ashok Vihar
Jagtial: Villagers stage rasta roko, block Minister's vehicle
The villagers of Hanumantharaopet staged a rasta roko and blocked way for Panchayat Raj Minister Erraballi Dayakar Rao and Welfare Minister Koppula Eshwar, demanding water supply for irrigation purpose and sanctioning of compensation to Kondagattu bus accident victims at Kodimyala mandal of Jagtial district on Friday.
Jagtial: The villagers of Hanumantharaopet staged a rasta roko and blocked way for Panchayat Raj Minister Erraballi Dayakar Rao and Welfare Minister Koppula Eshwar, demanding water supply for irrigation purpose and sanctioning of compensation to Kondagattu bus accident victims at Kodimyala mandal of Jagtial district on Friday.
Welfare Minister K Eshwar and MLA Sunkari Ravi Shankar tried to convince the villagers.
The villagers told the Ministers that even though River Godavari is flowing near their villages, but they are not getting even a single drop of water. They demanded water supply from Yellampalli reservoir to their villages by constructing a separate canal for irrigation purpose. They also demanded the Minister to help the Kondagattu victims by providing financial aid and allotting a government job to one of the family members of the victims of Kondagattu bus accident.
The villagers staged rasto roko for more than half an hour. Minister Eshwar and MLA S Ravi Shankar assured them that the issue will be taken to the notice of Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao and exert pressure on the government to take up the flood canal construction works for supplying water to the villages for irrigation purpose as early as possible.
They also assured them of taking initiation for sanctioning compensation to the victims of Kondagattu bus accident that took place last year.