- Visakhapatnam: NSTL trident gets inaugurated
- Indian Farmers Concerns: Accurate climate forecasts & insurance
- How do you define a good life?
- Vizianagaram: Farmers urged to adopt tech to increase output
- India’s quest to reach beyond the horizon
- Vijayawada: CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy releases Rs 1,294 cr under Rythu Bharosa, interest subvention
- Stand by Modi, shun Congress: MLA Harish
- HC declines writ by party seeking direction to EC to allot a common symbol
- Malayalam actor Lena reveals marriage with Gaganyaan fame Balakrishnan
- Insult to Indian scientists: Modi
Woman techie hangs self in Hyderabad, harassment suspected
A 26-year-old married woman committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling fan at her home on Saturday evening.
Hyderabad: A 26-year-old married woman committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling fan at her home on Saturday evening. Shiva Kumari is learned to have taken the extreme step due to the husband and in-laws' harassment.
According to the police, Shiva Kumari who works in an IT firm had got married to Udutha Jayaram in 2010. The couple has two daughters and they reside at a house in Hanumannagar under Meerpet police station limits.
The police said that Shiva Kumari took the step when her husband was not at home. However, after learning the incident, he rushed to the home and shifted his wife to a private hospital where she was declared brought dead. It is learned that Jayaram and his parents were pressurizing Kumari to give divorce as they gave birth to two girls.
V Maraiah, sub-inspector of police Meerpet said that the woman might have been slipped into depression following the harassment and ended her life. The police registered a case under section 306 (abetment to suicide) of the Indian Penal Code against Jayaram and his mother Bala Kistamma.