- PM Modi inaugurates and lays foundation stone for development works in Sangareddy
- Eluru: Register expenditure details of candidates impartially, election staff told
- South African delegation meets CM at MCR HRD
- Dr Jitendra lays stone for first-ever ‘Science Experience Centre,’ ‘Biofuel Centre’
- Indira brain behind white revolution: Bhatti
- 48-km Sanathnagar-Moula Ali automatic signal line inauguration by PM tomorrow
- Lok Sabha Election 2024: BRS announces first list of candidates
- Dissociative Identity Disorder Awareness Day 2024: Date, history and significance and all that you need to know
- PIL in HC seeks CBI/SFIO probe into sinking of Medigadda barrage piers
- Jupally takes strong exception to PM’s ‘objectionable’ comments in Adilabad meet
2 hurt as YSRCP, TDP activists clash
Two persons were injured when TDP and YSRCP activists clashed at Srinivasapuram village, Dachepalli mandal in Guntur district on Saturday.
Guntur: Two persons were injured when TDP and YSRCP activists clashed at Srinivasapuram village, Dachepalli mandal in Guntur district on Saturday. According to police, the YSRCP activists, who are celebrating party victory celebrations in the recently held general elections in the state, burst firecrackers and used loudspeakers creating noise pollution.
When the TDP activists asked them to reduce sound in mikes, the YSRCP activists did not heed. With this, the two groups attacked one another with sticks, knives and axes creating tension like situation.
Two persons were injured in the group clash and they have been shifted to the local government hospital. Police swung into action and brought the situation under control and set up police pickets in Srinivasapuram village as a precautionary measure.
Dachepalli SI P Madhu Babu said, "A YSRCP activist sustained injury in the clashes. We have taken five persons into custody for questioning and set up police picket in the village as a precautionary measure. The situation is under control in the village."