- Hindu teacher acquitted in blasphemy case after five years in Pakistan
- 10 Manipur tribal MLAs urge Centre not to cancel 'Suspension of Operations' pact with Kuki militant outfits
- Financial Intelligence Unit slaps Rs 5.49 cr penalty on Paytm Payments Bank
- I want to quit as Trinamool spokesman, but continue as party soldier: Kunal Ghosh
- ‘Inti No 13’ review: Distinctive narrative approach
- Delhi excise policy matter: Court permits YSRCP MP's son Raghav Magunta to turn approver in CBI's case
- SAFF U16 Women’s C'ship: Anushka Kumari nets hat-trick as India thrash Bhutan 7-0
- India expresses deep shock at the loss of lives in northern Gaza
- TN Deepika participates in Gadapa Gadapaku Mana Prabhutvam in Hindupur
- TDP reviews on arrangements for Shankaravam in Kuppam
34 pc reservation for BCs demanded in local bodies polls
Leaders of Backward Classes have demanded 34 percent reservations to the BCs in all local bodies’ elections.
Srikakulam: Leaders of Backward Classes have demanded 34 percent reservations to the BCs in all local bodies' elections. As per the directions from AP state BC Welfare Union president K Shankara Rao, BC welfare union leaders in all the13 districts in the state have submitted memoranda to district collectors on Monday.
In Srikakulam BC Welfare Union leaders D Vasu, D Laxman Rao, D P Dev, R Damodar and others submitted memorandum to Collector J Nivas. They said that in AP state BCs population is more than 50 per cent in the total population. But they are not being given proper priority in all aspects. BCs need to improve in political area for the welfare of all BC people in all districts. They demanded due representation to BCs in the ensuing local bodies elections like municipal corporations, village panchayats etc.