- Visakhapatnam: ‘National Science Day’ celebrated
- Modi will become PM for third time with NDA crossing 400 seats: Karuna Gopal
- Gold rate in Vijayawada today stable, check the rates on 29 February, 2024
- Gold rates in Hyderabad stable today, check the rates on 28 February, 2024
- Gold rate in Visakhapatnam stable, check the rates on 29 February, 2024
- Gold rates in Delhi today stable, check the rates on 29 February, 2024
- Leaders’ help sought for smooth conduct of Mbnr MLC by-election
- Hussain Sagar will be developed into world-class tourist centre: CM
- Srisailam Brahmotsavam to begins from tomorrow in Nandyal
- Vijayawada: Congress to make SCS declaration on March 1
4,000 saplings distributed on World Environment Day
Godrej Agrovet Limited Oil Palm Plantations celebrated World Environment Day at its office premises on Thursday.
Dwaraka Tirumala: Godrej Agrovet Limited Oil Palm Plantations celebrated World Environment Day at its office premises on Thursday. All activities were conducted in line with the United Nations theme of cutting down on air pollution and the company organised a number of activities to enhance awareness among its employees, farmers & FFB collection agents on the importance of a cleaner and greener environment.
Over 4,000 'different' saplings were distributed to employees, select agents and villagers. In addition, free pollution check-up camps were organised at three locations in various factories at Seethanagaram (Chintalapudi mandal), Chintampalli (Dwaraka Tirumala mandal) and Pothepalli including all FFB collection points. Various employee engagement activities were conducted at the factory locations, including screening of environmental protection videos, initiatives and planting of saplings.
Speaking on the occasion, Nasim Ali, CEO of oil palm plantations, GAVL, said that the increasing air pollution is a big risk to society. A healthy ecosystem is essential for the growth of a nation. "As a manufacturer, our responsibility should be to provide eco-friendly products through eco- friendly processes, adopt clean energy sources and implement energy efficient activities in our processes, to comply with local regulations and maintain a healthy environment all over the world," he said.
The company associate vice-president MS Kumar said Godrej Agrovet limited is fully committed to ensure right practices for sustainable practices of environment. This programme was organised by HR manager Naga Praveen. All contract labourers, employees and factory located farmers and others were present.