- Mangalore declared ‘Numero Uno’ in India, Speaker Khader happy
- 3 interstate drug peddlers nabbed; cops on vigil near schools and colleges
- FGG sceptical of KTR’s claims, seeks proof of investments, jobs
- Official: 'NBK 108' titled 'Bhagavanth Kesari'
- Weather report: Southwest monsoon to enter Kerala on Friday, heatwaves to continue in AP
- PL Technicals Daily Morning Report - June 8
- “Devara” sets filled with actors from multiple industries
- First batch of Haj pilgrims from TS depart from Hyd
- Amazon Plans to Introduce Ad Tier for Prime Video Streaming Service: Report
- This is when Vikram’s ‘Dhruva Natchathiram’ trailer will be unveiled
Ali to enter active politics
Meets CM Jagan; tipped to be Wakf chief
Vijayawada: Noted actor and comedian Ali has decided to jump into active politics and would be contesting in the next elections. He is also being tipped for an important post in the ruling YSRCP. It could be either chairman of the Wakf Board or Rajya Sabha seat.
According to sources, Ali is most likely to be appointed as chairman of the Wakf Board and may be given a ticket either for the Lok Sabha or the Assembly.
Talking to the media after meeting Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at his camp office on Tuesday, Ali said he had discussed several issues with the Chief Minister and he has been told that in about two weeks' time he would be getting some good news. He, however, refused to give any details saying that whatever decision the Chief Minister takes would be announced to the media by the party.
Ali said he was always close to the family of YSR. When asked if he would contest the next elections, he said he would do so. Ali said though the YSRCP offered him a ticket last time he could not contest as there was not enough time. He said he has told the Chief Minister that he was now ready to jump into active politics.
It may be mentioned here that Ali had joined the YSRCP in March 2019.