- Karwar Port Triumphs Over Legal Challenges, Paving the Way for 1.15 Million MT Iron Ore Export
- CM Cup 2023: Hyderabad beats Jogulamba Gadwal to secure 1st spot in soccer
- Writers have a bigger responsibility to play in society: K Kavitha
- Hyderabad: Celebrities urged not to promote tobacco
- BRS MP Santosh thanks BCCI for the green initiative
- The magic of mirrors
- Eating junk food is linked to lower quality of deep sleep: study
- Beat The Heat! Beware and prepare for heat related illness
- NIA raids over Islamic terror funding 18 places searched Islamic terror outfits planned to assassinate Modi
- Shri Ummalaneni Raja Babu, Distinguished Scientist has been appointed as Director General, Missiles & Strategic Systems, DRDO
Andhra Pradesh: 11-year-old boy electrocuted to death in Srikakulam district
Mandangi Praveen Kumar (11), a fifth-grader at the Tribal Welfare Boys Ashram School in the remote area of the Sitampet mandal in Srikakulam district died of electrocution on Wednesday.
In a tragic incident, Mandangi Praveen Kumar (11), a fifth-grader at the Tribal Welfare Boys Ashram School in the remote area of the Sitampet mandal in Srikakulam district died of electrocution on Wednesday. The student who went out of the ashram school at about three o'clock in the afternoon was hit by an 11kv high tension wire, which was broken and fell on an electric pole.
Going into the details, the student who hails from Vantawada Colony village in Palakonda mandal has lost his father Surya Rao recently due to illness and his mother Satyavati works as a labourer to support the family. He has one brother and sister and stays at his grandfather's house in Polla and attends an ashram school.
Upon receiving information, Palakonda MLA Kalavati, ITDA PO Navya, Tribal Welfare Officer visited the school in which Praveen is studying. Meanwhile, ATWO visited Venkataramana Polla Ashram School and paid Rs. 5,000 for cremation expenses, Tribal Welfare Department DD M Kamala said. Donubai SI Kishore Varma said the case is being registered and investigated and shifted the body to Palakonda Area Hospital for postmortem.