- Hyderabad: 78-year-old woman murdered in Hayathnagar, jewellery goes missing
- Hyderabad: Man jumps to death from Balanagar flyover
- KTR to visit Mulugu tomorrow
- No intention to hide deaths: Odisha Chief Secy Pradeep Kumar Jena
- Turkiye votes for authoritarianism & ad hocism
- Loco pilots of Coromandel Express alive, undergoing treatment
- Today's Top 5 Telangana News Updates 06-06-2023
- Congress Remarks CBI Probe On Odisha's Train Accident As 'Headline Management'
- Scientists find new type of cosmic threads in Milky Way
- NIRF ranking: Bengaluru on top as IISc leads in university and research categories
Andhra Pradesh: Anganwadi workers protest in Visakhapatnam, demands for minimum wages
Anganwadi workers staged a large-scale protest in Visakhapatnam demanding implementation of the minimum wage. A rally was held from Visakha Saraswati Park to the Collectorate.
Anganwadi workers staged a large-scale protest in Visakhapatnam demanding implementation of the minimum wage. A rally was held from Visakha Saraswati Park to the Collectorate. However, the police blocked the protest in front of the collectorate.
Anganwadi workers chanted slogans on a large scale protesting the attitude of the police. They blamed the attitude of the government on this occasion. The Anganwadi workers recalled that CM Jagan had said during the padayatra that he would pay extra wages than in Telangana.
They said that welfare schemes for Anganwadi were not being implemented and demanded that the government respond immediately and take steps for their implementation.