- Western India Squash: National champion Anahat Singh given top seeding in women's singles, girls' U19 sections
- BJP damaged reputation of central agencies: Congress on arrest of ED official in TN
- Govt ready for structured debates in Winter Session: Parliamentary Affairs Minister Joshi
- Congress writes to PM Modi for implementation of Mandal Commission recommendations in Deemed varsities
- ED has filed its first chargesheet against AAP leader Sanjay Singh
- Ensure no further construction takes place adjacent to Ganga: SC to Bihar govt
- No Scindia, no traitor left in Congress: Digvijaya on eve of counting
- ‘Pindam’ storyline fascinated me: Producer Yeshwanth Daggumati
- Brahmanandam wraps key schedule of ‘Kannappa’
- Chandrika Ravi to play Silk Smitha in her biopic
Andhra Pradesh handling Naxalism effectively: Jagan
Amaravati: Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy stated that the State government has been handling the Left Wing Extremism very efficiently. He was speaking at Naxals affected states meeting, organized by the Ministry for Home Affairs at New Delhi, on Monday.
Andhra-Odisha border requires more patrolling and stationing of forces and hence he requested generous funding from the central government to meet the expenditure here.
Speaking on this occasion, Jagan suggested strategies to be implemented for effective handling of the Naxalism and stated that there should not be any compromise in developing the Tribal areas.
The Chief Minister informed the central government promised a Tribal University under AP Re-Organisation Act. There is a delay in setting it up, he informed the Minister for Home Affairs Amit Shah, in the meeting. Previous government desired to take it to non-Tribal area. But, this government desires to locate it in a Tribal area that is at Salur in Vizianagaram district.
At the same time, the AP decided to locate a Tribal Medical College at Paderu and he urged the centre to sanction it. An engineering college is also required in Tribal area, he emphasised the need.
On a saturation basis all eligible local Tribals must be accommodated to own land in tribal areas. For this if needed fresh applications must be sought, Jagan observed. In all ITDA headquarters, super speciality medical services must be created.
AP has been sanctioned 4 Police battalions. In this raising, union government must bear the cost for establishment of these battalions completely, he asked the home minister. Only first year establishment cost was being borne by government of India, he added.