- TDP will regain glory in Telangana: Chandrababu Naidu
- Modi thanks US Speaker for inviting him to address joint meeting of Congress
- Haryana farmers protesting on NH 44 over sunflower seeds procurement baton-charged
- CM Kejriwal approves 24x7 operations for 155 shops and commercial establishments in Delhi
- Environment Excellence Award for 2023
- Homeopathy to be 2nd largest healthcare system in India, says Dr Mukesh Batra
- Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin launches 500 Urban Health Centres
- How police scripted Amruta Fadnavis' 'help offer' to nab fugitive bookie
- ACP Mirchowk Damoder Reddy conducted a counselling session with rowdy sheeters in Purani Haveli
- Silk sarees to be presented to 26 temples during Bonalu festival: Minister
Andhra Pradesh High court orders arrest of two IAS officers
The case relates to clearance of arrears to a retired assistant engineer
Amaravati: The AP High court on Friday issued arrest warrants against two senior IAS officers, including Gopal Krishna Dwivedi and G Anantaramu for contempt of court as they failed to attend the court hearing in a petition filed by retired assistant engineer over release of pension and other dues.
The High Court ordered the government in the past to pay the pension and allowances to the retired engineer. But when the officials fail to implement the orders, the retired engineer approached the High Court again. The court directed the two officials, panchayat raj principal secretary Dwivedi and BC welfare special chief secretary to attend before the court.
Dwivedi's advocate appealed for exemption for his client as he is on a foreign visit right now. After hearing the case, the judge issued orders directing the Guntur district superintendent of police to arrest both the officials and produce before the court.