- Environment Excellence Award for 2023
- Homeopathy to be 2nd largest healthcare system in India, says Dr Mukesh Batra
- Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin launches 500 Urban Health Centres
- How police scripted Amruta Fadnavis' 'help offer' to nab fugitive bookie
- ACP Mirchowk Damoder Reddy conducted a counselling session with rowdy sheeters in Purani Haveli
- Silk sarees to be presented to 26 temples during Bonalu festival: Minister
- Hyderabad: CM KCR failed in solving ration dealers’ problems: Bandi Sanjay
- Salman Khan to host Big Boss OTT Hindi
- Hyderabad to host convention of global wedding planners
- Telangana stands 3rd after Kerala in Health Index ranking- NITI AAYOG
Andhra Pradesh: TDP alleges mega sand loot by MLAs
Former minister and TDP leader K S Jawahar on Saturday accused the YSRCP MLAs, ministers and their followers of looting the valuable sand deposits at all reaches in the state under the cover of the JP Power Group which got the whole AP sand mining works
Amaravati: Former minister and TDP leader KS Jawahar on Saturday accused the YSRCP MLAs, ministers and their followers of looting the valuable sand deposits at all reaches in the state under the cover of the JP Power Group which got the whole AP sand mining works.
Addressing a press conference here, the TDP leader said that the YSRCP Tiruvur MLA and his benamis were making quick and easy money in the ongoing sand mining exploitation there. They were digging and taking away 200 tractor loads of sand from the Kattaleru stream in total violation of the rules and guidelines. Unfortunately, the tahsildar and MPDO level officers were hand in glove with the MLA in all this. The general public were objecting to this over exploitation and looting, he said.
Jawahar expressed concern that the YSRCP leaders were brazenly violating the regulations of the National Green Tribunal (NGT). All these activities were going on at the instance of the YSRCP MLA. When the local youth opposed this unlawful sand mining and transportation, the MLA and his gunmen have threatened and intimidated them.
He said the ongoing sand looting in Tiruvur segment was a clear example of how the ruling party leaders and their henchmen were resorting to unchecked sand mining illegally all over the state.