- TDP to hold a meeting in Vijayawada Central Constituency
- Airtel switches to recycled PVC SIM cards – partners IDEMIA
- BJP made tough decisions like no other govt: Rajnath
- Congress leader Dakareddy Chandrasekhar Reddy seeks Malkajgiri MP ticket
- National Science Day
- 94 pc of Indian firms plan to boost workers’ skills, abilities this year
- Jana Sena may not get any seats in Srikakulam
- Navigating higher education with AI & ML
- Visakhapatnam: Investors meet held for sale of non-core assets of RINL
- MWC 2024: Tecno Unveils Innovative Rollable Concept Phone
APSSDC to train farmers on commercial crops
Srikanth visited the Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy Chillies and Vegetables Nursery and interacted with its owner Danda Veeranjaneyulu about the issues being faced by the farmers.
Martur: The Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation Managing Director and CEO Dr Arza Srikanth paid a visit to the organic farm at Bobbepalli in Martur mandal of Prakasam district on Sunday and announced that the corporation was ready to train the unemployed youth and eligible farmers on skills required for the commercial crops.
Srikanth visited the Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy Chillies and Vegetables Nursery and interacted with its owner Danda Veeranjaneyulu about the issues being faced by the farmers. Veeranjaneyulu explained to the MD that they are a severe shortage of farm workers, as the existing is already registered under MNREGS and not coming for the regular farm work.
Srikanth suggested that use of machinery in the fields will help the farmers to a larger extent and he said that the APSSDC will come forward to provide technical and advanced training for the interested youth, farmers and farm workers by organizing a program in the village.
He said that the area is set to develop in the cultivation of horticulture plants and encouraged the farmers to grow aromatic plants like menthol, palmarosa, lemon grass etc, which are capable of generating great revenue. He also advised them to set up processing units for various crops to export the product to other countries and assured that the required training will be taken care of APSSDC.
The APSSDC MD and CEO also visited the dairy farm at Dronadula and granite factories at Vemavaram villages. The APSSDC district manager Shaik Meeravali, members of the Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy Chillies and Vegetable Growers Association members also participated in the program.