- Will take stringent action against perpetrators of B’luru blast: Shivakumar
- Tamannaah takes on unprecedented Naga Sadhu role in ‘Odela 2’
- Kiara Advani stuns in captivating Black dress
- ‘Hanu-Man’ triumphs with 50-day celebrations
- Ravi Teja’s intense performance to be highlighted in Mr Bachchan
- Himachal Cabinet approves excise policy for 2024-25
- Canadian visa delay for chess players: FIDE has Plan B in place
- By-poll in TN's Vilavancode to be announced on EC's guidelines: Official
- Gaza death toll rises to 30,320: Palestinian Health ministry
- Indian Government Confronts Google After Indian Apps Removed from Play Store
As announced, YS Jagan cancels all tenders
As warned by the new chief minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy during his swearing in ceremony on Thursday, the Chief Secretary LV Subrahmanyam has instructed all the departments to halt the works immediately.
Amaravati: As warned by the new chief minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy during his swearing-in ceremony on Thursday, the Chief Secretary LV Subrahmanyam has instructed all the departments to halt the works immediately.
Subrahmanyam stated that "It is noted that a number of engineering works were sanctioned earlier even by relaxation of FRBM norms resulting in a huge burden on the state exchequer. There is also a case ofor thorough review of ongoing projects as priorities have not been followed."
A thin spread of resources is providing to be financially unwise, hence CS directed all the departments to halt the works.
All the works sanctioned prior to April 1, 2019, but not grounded are cancelled. In the second case, the works grounded but expenditure is less than 25 per cent of originally estimated value shall be reviewed afresh. No payment will be done in this regard before obtaining orders afresh from appropriate authorities, Subrahmanyam made it clear.
He further added that the state government desired to be regarded as "pro-poor with zero tolerance for corruption".
LVS directed the Secretaries to adhere to the motto and clearly state that they have undertaken a thorough review of works and procedures in vogue.
If Business Rules have been moderated or sacrificed, steps are to be initiated for obtaining orders for appropriate authorities afresh, he warned.
At the same time, he directed the Director of Works Accounts to issue instructions to all the Pay and Accounts Officers, Assistant Pay and Accounts officers to clear the bills subject to certifying the bills as per the new guidelines by the DDOs concerned. The Director of Treasuries and Accounts and Pay and Accounts Officers were also directed to take necessary action with immediate effect.
In fact, Jagan already said that he would cancel all the tenders and go for reverse tendering. He also ascertained that he will establish the irregularities and corruption in the previous tenders given by the TDP government, before cancelling them