- Hyderabad: 3-day Science Day celebration begins
- Minorities welfare department assures to complete work before Ramzan
- Group-1 prelims on June 9
- TDP opts for Vasantha Krishna Prasad in Mylavaram
- CM berates TDP chief for failing to complete canal
- AP CID accuses Naidu, kin of ‘intimidating’ officials
- Devineni Uma likely to be fielded in Penamaluru
- Krishank alleges Centre failed to fulfil promises
- YSRCP Penamaluru MLA Parthasarathy joins TDP
- Shun ‘corrupt’ Cong, BRS; back Modi: Kishan, Laxman to voters
Awareness rally marks World No Tobacco Day
District Collector Md Imtiaz said everyone should have awareness on the ill effects of smoking and consumption of tobacco related products.
Vijayawada: District Collector Md Imtiaz said everyone should have awareness on the ill effects of smoking and consumption of tobacco related products. To mark World No-Tobacco Day an awareness rally was organised in the city on Friday. The rally was flagged off by the collector at the collector camp office here on Friday.
Speaking on the occasion he said that as much as 25 to 30 per cent cancer cases were caused by smoking and consumption of tobacco. He said that smoking and consumption of tobacco related products would lead to mouth and throat cancer. Nicotine which is present in tobacco causes cancer and people should be cautious about passive smoking.
Consumption of tobacco and its related products will cause Tuberculosis, said the collector. Earlier the collector released a brochure on the ill effects of tobacco consumption. He made all the participants take oath not to use tobacco in any form. DMHO Dr I Ramesh medical and health department officials and others were present.