- KTR dares Revanth and Raghunandan to submit evidence over allegations on ORR tendering
- WWDC 2023: Apple to unveil new Macs, AR/VR Headsets, and iOS 17
- Telangana govt. sanctions Rs. 15 crore for Bonalu, Talasani asks temples to submit applications
- Despite worries, 83% of Indian workers willing to let AI help at job
- Indian-American teen wins $50,000 Young Scientist award
- MG Motor India Reports Sales of 5006 units for the month of May 2023
- Akshaya Patra Foundation resumes Mid-Day Meal Scheme in Bengaluru
- India removes evolution and periodic table from text books
- How to eat better
- ‘Bhola Shankar’ first single date locked; promo on 2nd June
Burglars strike at private bank, decamp with 85L gold, 5 lakh cash
A three-member gang struck at the Fincare Small Finance Bank branch and decamped with Rs 85 lakh worth gold ornaments and Rs 5 lakh cash at Peddamajid street in Srikalahasti on late on Thursday night.
Srikalahasti (Tirupati): A three-member gang struck at the Fincare Small Finance Bank branch and decamped with Rs 85 lakh worth gold ornaments and Rs 5 lakh cash at Peddamajid street in Srikalahasti on late on Thursday night.
According to police, in a pre-planned move, three persons barged into the bank at around 10.45pm and gagged the bank manager Sravanthi who was working alone on audit related papers staying beyond the working hours.
They tied the manager to the chair and fled away with Rs 85 lakh worth gold ornaments pledged by the customers against the loans and Rs 5 lakh cash. They had also taken away the CC camera connected to hard disk. After being rescued by a family staying in the same building, the bank manager informed the police. Police launched a hunt to nab the burglars. Police have been put on high alert in the district and neighbouring state of Tamil Naidu. Police said that a case has been registered and assured that thieves will be caught and looted property will be recovered.