- Divine intervention comes to the rescue as IVPL thrives amid challenges
- LS Polls: BJP releases 1st list of 195 candidates, PM Modi to contest from Varanasi
- Ramadan 2024: Why moon sighting is an important Islamic tradition; all you want to know
- Govt initiatives boosting digital ecosystem across startups: Simplilearn
- WPL 2024: Budding cricketers join Gujarat Giants for special training session
- Shabari Jayanti 2024: Date, Rituals, and Significance
- World Birth Defects Day 2024: Date, history, significance and tips to prevent birth defects
- EC to set up special polling stations for voters in Manipur relief camps
- Sheikh Shahjahan starts cooperating with investigating officers: Sources
- Violence-free NE established, over 10,000 militants laid down their arms: Amit Shah
Civic chief inspects water supply
GMC in-charge commissioner AVNS Murthy directed the officials to take steps to check waste of drinking water.
Guntur: GMC in-charge commissioner AVNS Murthy directed the officials to take steps to check waste of drinking water. He inspected sanitation and drinking water supply at Gorantla and BR Stadium areas on Friday.
He enquired about drinking water supply at BR Stadium and examined the drinking water supply and instructed the officials to maintain timings and examined chlorine percentage in the drinking water. He instructed them to see that supply reach the tail-end areas.
He inspected the drinking water pipeline repair works at Suddapallidonka and instructed the officials see that there will be no interruption to the drinking water and asked the officials to complete the repair works at the earliest.
He urged the people to contact the drinking water control room set up in the GMC to solve their drinking water problems. He noticed drinking water contamination at Anandpet. He instructed the officials to shift the silt removed from drains to the dumping yard to keep the roads clean. Later he visited Gorantla.