ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

CM Chandrababu Naidu writes letter to CEC over VVPAT slips counting

CM Chandrababu Naidu writes letter to CEC over VVPAT slips counting
Highlights

The Telugu Desam Party national president and AP Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu has written a letter to Central Election Commission.

Amaravati: The Telugu Desam Party national president and AP Chief Minister Nara Chandrababu Naidu has written a letter to Central Election Commission.

Through the letter, CM Naidu said that from every constituency 50 percent of VVPAT slips counting has to be done. He said regarding the EC code, there are a lot of suspicions among the political parties and the people of the state.

For the difference between the votes in the VVPAT slips and EVMs, where the EC said will consider the votes count in the VVPAT slips. The counting of VVPAT slips of 5 pollings booths in the constituency means counting only 2 percent.

With the decision, the EC has accepted that there are the chances of tampering the EVMs. By counting only 2 percent of VVPAT slips, how you will control the tampering in remaining 98 percent?

If 50 percent of the VVPAT slip counting of every Assembly segment is conducted simultaneously on all the counting tables, then the counting process will be completed within 9 hours.

If the CEC follows this counting process, then it won't take 6 days for the counting of the VVPAT slip, which the EC stated in the petition submitted to the Supreme court, Chandrababu Naidu said.

Show Full Article
Download The Hans India Android App or iOS App for the Latest update on your phone.
Subscribed Failed...
Subscribed Successfully...
More Stories


Top