- Boosting Traffic & Sales: Why Invest in an Indian SEO Expert for Your Business
- Beat the summer heat with saffron tips for healthy and glowing skin
- Amazon India offers opportunities for women to work in Night Shifts in Haryana
- What can India learn from Sweden’s pragmatic tobacco control policy?
- Leap Day 2024: Interesting facts, history, and significance of February 29
- Samsung Announces New Memory Variant of Galaxy A15 5G at INR 17999
- Immunity-boosting foods for a healthy life
- Celebrating Leap Day 2024: Wishes and Messages for Leaplings
- Vanchit Bahujan Aghadi eyes 27 Maha LS seats, wants to put up Jarange-Patil
- 'Purely governmental function': Delhi HC refuses to order new 24-hour pan-India Doordarshan channel for Sindhi community
Coronation ceremony of new pontiff concludes
The three-day coronation ceremony to install Ponnangi Kiran Kumar Sarma as Uttaradhikari (successor) of Visakha Sarada Peetham at Ganapati Satchidananda Ashram at Tadepalli in Guntur district concluded on Monday.
Guntur: The three-day coronation ceremony to install Ponnangi Kiran Kumar Sarma as Uttaradhikari (successor) of Visakha Sarada Peetham at Ganapati Satchidananda Ashram at Tadepalli in Guntur district concluded on Monday. Visakha Sarada Peetham seer Swaroopanandendra Swamy supervised the spiritual events.
AP Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, his Telangana counterpart K Chandrashekar Rao and former MP T Subbarami Reddy were present during the ceremony at the ashram.
Kiran Kumar Sarma chosen as the new pontiff of the Sarada Peetham had taken Sanyas Deeksha on Sunday.
Following this, the main pontiff of the Peetham Swaroopanandendra Swamy christened Bala Swamy as Swatmanandendra Swamy. The 21-year-old swamy's coronation was done amidst chanting of Vedic hymns and all rituals, including pada puja of Swaroopanandendra Swamy. The new pontiff will become full-fledged head of the Peetham in 2024.
He had travelled across the country, performed tapasya in the Himalayas, the senior Swamy said.
Addressing the gathering, Swaroopananda said that Sarada Peetham could visualise the changing times in the two Telugu states and had predicted that K Chandrashekar Rao in Telangana and Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy would become Chief Ministers.
He said he had even performed Rajasyamala Yagam for their success in the elections. He also appreciated KCR for his devotion towards Hindu culture and the way he performs various Yagams. He later hugged KCR and blessed him. Swaroopananda Swamy also felicitated Jagan with a shawl and blessed him.
Swaroopananda Swamy prayed for the well-being of the people of Andhra Pradesh and hoped temples will be developed in the state under the regime of Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy.
Swamy said the Sarada Peetham would conduct prayers so that KCR and Jagan would continue as Chief Ministers for 15 years and will serve the people. He said that after him the new pontiff would take on the responsibility of praying for the KCR and Jagan.