- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
Ensure Amaravati is only capital of AP, Centre urged
MP Galla Jayadev urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to make an amendment to AP State Reorganisation Act and insert a provision indicating that Amaravati is and will remain the only capital of AP and Amaravati as world class capital.
Guntur: MP Galla Jayadev urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to make an amendment to AP State Reorganisation Act and insert a provision indicating that Amaravati is and will remain the only capital of AP and Amaravati as world class capital.
The MP addressed on Finance Bill in Lok Sabha on Friday. He raised the issue in the backdrop of Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy's statement in Assembly stating that the State government was committed for the decentralisation of development, which refers to three capitals.
He reminded, "Jagan Mohan Reddy announced that courts cannot pre-empt or direct the executive not to make a policy with presumptions and lay down impossible conditions setting timelines, which cannot be met."
Speaking on this occasion, MP Jayadev said that he was disappointed when the Finance Ministry did not allot funds in the Union Budget 2022-23, for the development of the State capital and added that few lakhs have been allotted for the urban housing by the ministry.
He recalled that High Court had directed the government of AP to construct and develop Amaravati capital city and capital region as per the approved master plan within six-months agreed under AP CRDA Act. He requested the Centre to allot funds to restart the Amaravati capital city development works.