Fill storage tanks with Nagarjunasagar water : Collector
District Collector Kona Sasidhar directed the officials to take steps to solve drinking water problem in the district.
Guntur : District Collector Kona Sasidhar directed the officials to take steps to solve drinking water problem in the district. He conducted a meeting with the officials of RWS, Irrigation, SPDCL and Revenue department in the collectorate on Tuesday.
Speaking on this occasion, he instructed the officials to fill the summer storage tanks with the Nagarjunasagar water to meet the drinking water demand in the summer and said, at present Nagarjunasagar water is released.
He instructed to take up repairs to the borewells immediately. He instructed to set up water kiosks (Chalivendrams) from Wednesday at important places in all grama panchyats and municipalities in the district like last year and warned that he would not tolerate negligence of the officials in solving the drinking water problem.
He directed to supply drinking water with the tankers to the outskirts. Joint collector Himanshu Shukla, Superintendent Engineer NSP canals, Ganga Raju, RWS S.E. Satyanarayana were among those participated.
- Modi has assets worth Rs 2.51 crore
- Priyanka's own decision not to contest from Varanasi: Sam Pitroda
- Sensex soars 336 points to close above 39,000-mark; Tata Steel rallies 7%
- Rohit Shekhar murder: Delhi court sends his wife Apoorva to 14-day judicial custody
- Asaram's son Narayan Sai too convicted of rape