- 'Coarse gender discrimination': SC on termination of woman from army on marriage
- Two guarantees to be implemented within a week: Telangana CM
- BJP will not have alliance with any party in Telangana: Kishan Reddy
- Delhi HC allows student to sit for Class 12 board exam, subject to rectifying application deficiencies
- 63 moons Technology ropes in top global firms for cybersecurity foray
- Karnataka HC grants relief to Byju's as investors plan to oust CEO
- Protesting farmers suspend 'Delhi Chalo' protest till Friday
- Gurugram: Man convicted for raping & killing minor girl handed death penalty
- Bengal school job case: Calcutta HC seeks report from ED's Special Director on Partha Chatterjee
- ASIP’s OSAT/ATMP Project launched with Korean JV
Fishermen demands government to hike aid to 12000 during ban
The AP Fishers and Fisheries Workers Union demanded the government for raise in compensation to fishers for the two month ban period from April 15 to June 14 in the breeding season this year.
Kakinada: The AP Fishers and Fisheries Workers Union demanded the government for raise in compensation to fishers for the two month ban period from April 15 to June 14 in the breeding season this year.
The union leaders demanded Rs 12,000 in addition to supply of provisions to the families of these sections. The union elders felt that Rs 4,000 compensation for the period was very meagre in the present day of increasing cost of living.
Even this Rs 4,000 amount has not been paid even after one month of imposing the ban the union leaders added.In a memorandum submitted to the district collector the union leaders made the observation to this extent.