- Tips to help children maintain a healthy weight
- Panchakarla says people will teach YSRCP a befitting lesson
- Kala, Atchanna turn centres of TDP politics
- The rise in women seeking online skill trainings in past 5 yrs : Survey
- YSRCP dismisses Prashant Kishor prediction on Jagan’s defeat
- Meri Bharat Mera Parivar: Modi debunks 'no family' jibe of Lalu
- Five key projects of GMDA worth Rs 194.18 crore approved
- EU slaps $2 billion anti-trust fine on Apple following Spotify's complaint
- Momentum in power, capital goods stocks as infra projects likely to be unveiled, say analysts
- Santosh Trophy: Services hand Railways a 2-0 defeat to march into semifinals
GITAM admission test results out
GITAM Admission Test (GAT-2019) results were declared here on Saturday in the city.
Visakhapatnam: GITAM Admission Test (GAT-2019) results were declared here on Saturday in the city. Th results were released by in-charge Vice-Chancellor of GITAM K Sivaramakrishna along with registrar of GITAM K V G D Balaji, Pro Vice-Chancellor of GITAM Hyderabad N Sivaprasad and Director of admissions K Narendra.
While releasing the results, Prof K Sivaramakrishna informed that around 50,000 candidates attended for GAT-2019 at 50 cities across the country. He added that the online admission counselling would be held from May 9-11 at Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Tirupati, Hyderabad and Bengaluru centres. He informed that the university was offering all programmes with approval from statutory bodies like UGC, AICTE, Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) and Council of Architecture (COA).
Fee waiver for toppers: The in-charge Vice-Chancellor further announced that the university has decided to offer Rs 30 crore worth merit scholarships to toppers in GAT-2019, JEE Mains exam, and AP and Telangana EAMCET from this academic year 2019-20. He stated the university was offering special scholarships to B Tech.
Students who select core engineering branches like Civil, Mechanical, EEE and Biotechnology. To encourage students of M Tech, M Arch, and M Pharmacy programmes, GITAM decided to give annual scholarships to all admitted students, he added.