- 'Coarse gender discrimination': SC on termination of woman from army on marriage
- Two guarantees to be implemented within a week: Telangana CM
- BJP will not have alliance with any party in Telangana: Kishan Reddy
- Delhi HC allows student to sit for Class 12 board exam, subject to rectifying application deficiencies
- 63 moons Technology ropes in top global firms for cybersecurity foray
- Karnataka HC grants relief to Byju's as investors plan to oust CEO
- Protesting farmers suspend 'Delhi Chalo' protest till Friday
- Gurugram: Man convicted for raping & killing minor girl handed death penalty
- Bengal school job case: Calcutta HC seeks report from ED's Special Director on Partha Chatterjee
- ASIP’s OSAT/ATMP Project launched with Korean JV
Governor's intervention sought in TTD affairs
1.Chinta demands that TTD to deposit its surplus gold and cash in local banks. 2. Wants appointment of IRS, IAAS officers in TTD’s Finance dept.
Tirupati: Senior Congress leader Dr Chinta Mohan sought the intervention of Governor to ensure transparency in TTD affairs including deposits and also sale of human hair.
In a letter to Governor ESL Narasimhan, the copies of which were released to media by Mohan here at a press conference on Monday, the former Union Minister insisted on the TTD deposits should be made in the local bank branches.
Chinta also wanted deputation of senior officers of Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IAAS) one each at Tirumala and Tirupati and also officers Indian Revenue Services (IRS) to TTD and also appointment of permanent staff in the Financial department to ensure accountability on the part of TTD management in its financial dealings.
The Congress leader alleged that the TTD is purchasing vegetable at higher price and also not going in for international bidding for sale of human hair and also pilferage in the stocks of various items like cashew, grape, sugar, ghee etc. causing loss to TTD.