- National and International Days Of June 2023
- Watch Galli Chinnadi Video Song | Mem Famous | Goreti Venkanna | Sumanth Prabhas | Kalyan Nayak
- WhatsApp Android Bug: Do not click the link; How to fix the bug
- Worlds first 3D Printed Hindu Temple in Siddipet Soon
- Electric Vehicle manufacturers to require 13 million square feet real estate space by 2030
- KTR challenges opposition parties to announce Chief Minister candidate, says BRS will win 100 seats
- Samantha shares good words about Vijay Deverakonda
- Credit Suisse Wealth Management releases months outlook report
- Madhavan celebrating his day on sets of 'Test' is 'the best birthday gift'
- Sreenivas Bellamkonda, Saagar K Chandra, 14 Reels Plus #BSS10 Launched Grandly Today
Guntur: Moldy chikki bars distributed to students
- Parents complain to the school teachers
- DEO RS Ganga Bhavani collected samples of chikki bars and send them to lab for testing
Guntur: Low quality of chikki bars were distributed as part of nutritious food under Mid-Day Meals scheme to the students of Upper Primary School at Salivahana Nagar in Sattenapalli town of Guntur district on Thursday.
Students found fungus on the chikki bars and informed their parents. The parents were worried that eating such chikki bars will create health problems to their wards and informed the matter to the teachers in the school. They felt that low quality chikki bars will lead to food poisoning.
District Education Officer RS Ganga Bhavani visited the UP School at Salivahana Nagar and collected samples of chikki bars supplied to the students and sent them to lab for testing.
Speaking to the media, the students said that they found white fungus on the chikki bars after opening them. The taste was also not good, they added. "We have informed the matter to the teachers. Some students consumed them," they said.
DEO Ganga Bhavani said that based on the complaint, she visited the UP School and collected the samples of chikki bars. "I have sent the samples to the lab for testing and same sent to the director of mid-day meals scheme. We will take action after getting the lab report," she said.