- Brahmotsavam Jatara draws multitudes of devotees
- BJP Capitalises on ‘Ram naam’ to woo voters
- Pawan Kalyan meets Bhimavaram leaders, likely to contest from there
- DPIs like UPI, Aadhaar to propel India towards $8 trillion economy by 2030
- Redbird resumes flight training operations after safety overhaul
- Cryogenic engine of LVM3 rocket completes ground qualification tests: ISRO
- Enhancing Business Resilience Against Rising Cyber Extortion Threats
- PM Modi to roll out projects worth Rs 48,000 crore in Gujarat tomorrow
- HCA announces Rs 10 lakh cash prize to Hyderabad team
- Warangal Mayor caught in no man’s land
Guntur: Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu recalls association with Jupudi Yagnanarayana
Vice-President of India Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu called on Jupudi Hymavathi and her son and BJP State legal cell convener Jupudi Ranga Raju and their family members
Guntur: Vice-President of India Muppavarapu Venkaiah Naidu called on Jupudi Hymavathi and her son and BJP State legal cell convener Jupudi Ranga Raju and their family members. He went to the residence of former MLC and Jan Sangh leader late Jupudi Yagnanarayana at Railpet here on Tuesday.
He recalled his association with Jupudi Yagna Narayana and remembered that while he was a student, he come to meet Jupudi Yagnanarayana. Hymavathi had served meals to him. After becoming the Vice-President, Venkaiah Naidu went to their house and recalled his association with them. Elated by the visit of the Vice-President, Hymavathi said Venkaiah Naidu did hard work and became the Vice-President. She recalled that he had participated in Jai Andhra Movement and wished that Venkaiah Naidu should become the President of India.
Jupudi Yagnanarayana's son Jupudi Ranga Raju, his family members and grandsons and grand-daughters, Dr Mannava Radha Krishna Murthy, Vanama Purnachandra Rao were among those present.
Earlier, the Vice-President went to Annamaiah Adhyatmika Grandhalayam at Brundavan Gardens and Venkateswara Swamy Temple in Guntur city. He examined Bhagavad Geetha and Chandamama Kathalu books. He signed in the visitors register.
Later, he had darshan of Lord Sri Venkateswara Swamy at Brundavan Gardens Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple. The temple authorities presented Sesha Vastram to the Vice-President.