- KCR, KTR and Harish Rao expresses grief over Lasya Nandita’s death
- Telangana govt to implement ‘Griha Jyoti’ from Feb 27th!!!
- Thiruvananthapuram-Kasargod Express to include stop at Mangaluru
- BBMP property tax amendment bill passed in Council
- Mysuru civic workers demand improvement in breakfast quality
- Former Lok Sabha Speaker Manohar Joshi Passes Away
- Chinese boat in Indian waters
- LAccMI bus service covers all 30 dists
- President on 4-day visit to Odisha from Feb 28
- Salesman concocts loot story, arrested
Gymnastics summer coaching camp concludes
He attended as the chief guest for the closing ceremony of Gymnastics Summer coaching camp at IGMC stadium.
Vijayawada: Central constituency MLA Malladi Vishnu has said sports help people stay fit, active and energetic and congratulated the young gymnasts for attending the coaching camp organised by VMC at IGMC stadium. He attended as the chief guest for the closing ceremony of Gymnastics Summer coaching camp at IGMC stadium.
Addressing the gathering Vishnu congratulated the participants and their parents for showing interest in the sport. He said sports are an investment for the future health of the person and pointed out sports help men and women to be fit, healthy and energetic. He said that the government would give more importance to sports and encourage players in the state.
Olympic Association secretary KP Rao said sports would reduce the mental and physical stress and keep the player fit and healthy. District gymnastics association president G Subramanyam said that every year gymnastics summer coaching camp was being organised in the city and for 2019 the summer training camp started on April 20.
He said nearly 80 players both boys are girls took part in the camp. Malladi Vishnu gave away the mementos and participation certificates to the young gymnasts on the occasion. The association honorary president A Umamaheswara Rao, secretary A Nageswar Rao and others were present on the occasion.