- Hyderabad: Narendra Modi to inaugurate CARO in Begumpet Airport on March 5
- Govt okays Rs 1.26-trn worth 3 semicon plants
- Hyderabad: CM A Revanth Reddy all praise for badminton player
- Hyderabad: State government rolls out guidelines to fix Dharani glitches; Drive from today
- Happy Women’s Day 2024: 7 Powerful Ways to Celebrate and Empower Women
- Key indices drift higher on fag-end short covering
- Protests by TDP Women Leaders Rock Nellore City
- Indian pace of innovation rising: Gates
- Altairo opens European luxury furniture outlet
- Space Calendar March 2024: Rocket Launch Details
Lakshmana Reddy sworn in Lokayukta
Justice P Lakshmana Reddy was sworn in as first Lokayukta of Andhra Pradesh after the bifurcation in 2014 on Sunday.
Amaravati: Justice P Lakshmana Reddy was sworn in as first Lokayukta of Andhra Pradesh after the bifurcation in 2014 on Sunday.
The oath was administered by Governor Biswabhushan Hairchandan at Tummalapalli Kalakshetram here. Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy and other officials were also present.
Justice Lakshmana Reddy will be in office for a period of five years. The legislation establish Lokayukta was brought in by the Jagan Mohan Reddy government as part of its policy to provide transparent and corruption-free governance. Lokayukta is to investigate allegations of corruption and irregularities against officials and is tasked with speedy redressal of public grievances.