- 'India’s Best Dancer 3' gets it ‘Top 5’ finalists
- Joginder, Abhirup eliminated; Prince gang takes lead again in ‘Roadies’
- Salman Khan-hosted ‘Bigg Boss 17’ theme ‘Dil, Dimaag aur Dimaag’ decoded
- 'Roadies' contestant Joginder sleeps in Rhea gang's tent after listening to ghost stories
- Intermediate student suspicious death at Khammam
- Asian Games: Pan, Wang join the greats as China dominate the pool; bag 20 medals overall on Day 1
- NASA's OSIRIS-REx mission delivers 1st ever asteroid sample in US
- J&K tops in e-Governance Service Delivery
- 2 terror modules busted in J&K; 5 terrorists arrested
- CDS visits Karwar Naval Base, aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya
Muharram symbolises spirit of sacrifice: Governor Biswa Bhusan Harichandan
Governor Biswa Bhusan Harichandan said here on Friday that Muharram symbolises the spirit of sacrifice which is placed above all the virtues of mankind
Vijayawada: Governor Biswa Bhusan Harichandan said here on Friday that Muharram symbolises the spirit of sacrifice which is placed above all the virtues of mankind. Muharram commemorates the martyrdom of Hazrat Imam Hussain, the grandson of the Holy Prophet, who sacrificed his life at the altar of true belief.
Remembrance of goodness and sacrifice is the true meaning of Muharram. Let us emulate the spirit of Muharram embodying humanism which is central to Islam, he said. The Governor appealed to Muslim brethren in the State to observe the occasion by staying at home and help the authorities in the fight against Covid-19 pandemic.