- Water shortage looms as Kabini reservoir levels plummet
- Congress MLA voices concerns over developmental works
- Delhi HC orders inclusion of Delhi Chess Association representatives in AICF voter list
- Byju's saga: Investors, edtech company battle it out at NCLT
- Renowned environmentalist K M Chinnappa dies at 84
- MWC 2024: Harvard Labs' Polar ID: A Game-Changer in Smartphone Security
- Is Rashmika Mandanna Confirming Her Marriage with Vijay Deverakonda? Fans Speculate After Viral Post.
- Rajeshwar Rajesh addressed awareness meeting
- Tamirisa Ramacharyulu statue unveiled
- Delhi HC laments concealment of income in matrimonial cases, upholds maintenance order
Padayatra launched for dam construction
The yatra will cover several villages in Nandyal, Nandikotkur and Srisailam Assembly segments and concludes at project site where the government has proposed to construct it 68 years ago.
Kurnool: Demanding the construction of Siddeswaram-Alugu project across the Krishna river, the farmers led by Rayalaseema Saguneeti Sadhana Samithi (RSSS) started four-day padayatra under the name of Siddeswaram Praja Padayatra from Nandyal town on Tuesday.
The yatra will cover several villages in Nandyal, Nandikotkur and Srisailam Assembly segments and concludes at project site where the government has proposed to construct it 68 years ago. RSSS president Bojja Dasaratha Rami Reddy speaking to media has said that the farmers of Rayalaseema are forced to end their lives or migrate to faraway places due to lack of water for the crops.
He asked the government to construct Dummugudem-Nagarjunasagar tail pond project to extend water to Nagarjuna Sagar ayacut thereby extending Srisaialam water to Rayalaseema region, said Dasaratha Rami Reddy.
Recalling the Sri Bagh pact, Reddy demanded to construct either State capital or High Court in Kurnool. He also asked to make Amaravati as free zone besides setting up of medical and educational institutions and factories at Kurnool. For the utilisation of Tungabhadra river and flood waters, he asked the government to hold dialogue with the Karnataka government for the construction of parallel canals.