- TDP calls for success of Ra Kadali Ra meeting in Penukonda tomorrow
- Rashmika Mandanna fulfills longtime dream with enchanting visit to Japan
- PM Modi to launch projects worth Rs 62,000cr in Telangana
- Retired Tamil Nadu professor to walk on foot for clean electoral system
- IIT-K chosen as nodal institute for Phase 4 of Yuva Sangam
- Shehbaz Sharif - the only Pak politician to be elected PM for second consecutive term
- KCR meets Karimnagar and Peddapalli leaders, finalises Lok Sabha candidates
- Bhatti Vikramarka lays foundation stone for BT Road in Rompimalla, emphasises on govt's initiatives
- SSC students may download Hall-tickets from Monday
- Covid virus persists in ear for a month post infection: Study
Prepare photo voters' list before May 1: EC to chiefs of civic bodies
tage set for the conduct of elections to the Municipal Corporations and Municipalities in the state .
Chittoor: Stage set for the conduct of elections to the Municipal Corporations and Municipalities in the state . The Election Commission has instructed all the Municipal Commissioners to finalise the photo voters lists on or before May 1, besides initiating steps in providing necessary facilities for holding the elections as per the schedule.
In Chittoor District , elections would be held for the Municipal Corporations - Chittoor and Tirupati - besides Srikalahasti , Madanapalli, Punganur, Palamaner, Nagari, and Puttur municipalities . The Election Commission has made it clear that preparation of ward wise photo voters list would be mandatory with all specifications as per the prescribed guidelines.
Speaking to The Hans India here on Sunday, municipal chief C Obulesh , said that he received the instructions from the Election Commission to finalise ward wise photo voters list before April ending in order to conduct the upcoming Municipal elections. As per the instructions, necessary measures have been taken for preparing the photo voters list. Priority is given for finalising the voters lists of the reserved divisions in Chittoor Municipal corporation, he said.