- How online learning is transforming teaching careers?
- Swami Vivekananda U20 National Football to kickstart in April
- Mumbai woman cured of epilepsy after part of her brain removed
- MP-PSC delegation presents 66th report to Governor Mangubhai Patel
- Political googly? Sharad Pawar invites Maha CM, Deputy CMs home for dinner
- Sharad Pawar Extends Dinner Invitation Amidst Political Tensions In Baramati
- India's GDP growth surges to 8.4 per cent in Q3, 2023-24 growth rate pegged at robust 7.6 per cent
- SCBA GBM to discuss nomination of women advocates as Executive Members within two months
- Anant National University organises International Symposium on Architecture for All: Call of the Future
- Protein linked to Parkinson's also key for normal brain work: IIT Mandi study
Provide infrastructure facilities in SC colonies,officials told
National SC Commission member K Ramulu has directed the officials concerned to take measures for providing infrastructure facilities in SC colonies across the district.
Kadapa: National SC Commission member K Ramulu has directed the officials concerned to take measures for providing infrastructure facilities in SC colonies across the district. He visited Dandora Colony here on Thursday.
Responding to local residents' plea of not having basic amenities in their colony, SC panel member has directed the Kadapa RDO Malola to sanction 2 acres of land for the construction of a community hall, an Anganwadi centre, drainage canals, burial ground with compound wall and installation of streetlights. He assured the colony residents of completing these works within three months.
He also directed the RDO to take steps for supplying drinking water on alternative days to the colony. He mentioned that the State government is showing special interest for uplifting the living standards of SCs, STs, BCs and Minorities in the State.
Ramulu is visiting throughout the district for submitting a comprehensive report to the government regarding providing the infrastructure facilities in the colonies. Earlier, the SC panel member conducted a review meeting with the officials over implementation of ongoing developmental works meant for SCs in the district. District Collector Ch Harikiran and other officials were present.