- Things married couples could do in secret
- Croatia’s Luciaja Begic wins Miss World Sports Challenge
- VH not to give up his Khammam MP ambitions
- Priyanka likely to launch two schemes ‘virtually’
- TTD hikes salaries of 9,000 contract employees
- Andhra Cricket Association addresses Hanuma Vihari's claims regarding Prudhvi Raj, new allegations arise.
- Actor Kenneth Mitchell, Known for 'Star Trek' and 'Captain Marvel', Passes Away at 49
- White Paper on Dharani portal soon: Revenue Minister
- PM Modi lays foundation for upgradation of Pakala, Srikalahasti rly stations
- A kidnapped woman jumps from an auto
RTC to fill 600 driver posts soon
Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) Vizianagaram zone executive director P Krishna Mohan has said that steps were taken to strengthen the organisation in all aspects and also drove it into profits in the zone.
Rajamahendravaram: Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) Vizianagaram zone executive director P Krishna Mohan has said that steps were taken to strengthen the organisation in all aspects and also drove it into profits in the zone.
Speaking to The Hans India, here on Saturday, he said as many as 600 driver posts will be filled in East Godavari region as the region is facing problem due to lack of sufficient drivers and necessary steps will be taken in this regard and the process will be completed in two months. At present some drivers from Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam and Srikakulam districts were deployed in the district.
The Vizianagaram zone incurred a loss of Rs 66 crore for the year 2018-2019 consisting of Vizianagaram, Srikakulam, Visakhapatnam and East Godavari regions. Meanwhile, East Godavari region obtained a profit of Rs 15 crore in the same year and the remaining three regions incurred loss.
Due to bad road conditions, less occupancy ratio for various reasons etc the zone incurred loss and RTC operates its buses with service orientation instead of getting losses. This year as many as 250 new buses are coming to the zone to cater to the needs of commuters. Last year as many as 30 air-conditioned buses were allotted to the zone and this year proposals to send 50 air conditioned buses as the demand for air conditioned buses is increasing.
The cargo wing is also getting profits and getting good response from the people. Steps will be taken to provide an air conditioned lounge in RTC complex in the city as a number of air conditioned buses are passing through this station, he added.