- Five-time MLA Arabinda Dhali quits BJD, joins BJP
- PM will dedicate projects worth Rs 19,600 cr in Odisha
- Modi to launch Rs 15,718-cr projects
- DMHO launches Pulse Polio programme
- BJD, BJP blame each other for spreading alliance rumours
- Disaster for Jagan ahead, says Prashant Kishor
- B’chalam MLA meets CM amid speculation of joining Congress
- Oh sarkari babus! Krishna Mandir continues to weather many a storm
- ISRO chief Somanath to get Pinnamaneni Award
- MLA Balineni takes part in ‘Volunteerlaku Vandanam’
SC/ST associations felicitate Mishra
SC/ST associations of East Godavari felicitated outgoing Collector Kartikeya Mishra on Saturday at his camp office.
Kakinada: SC/ST associations of East Godavari felicitated outgoing Collector Kartikeya Mishra on Saturday at his camp office. Speaking on this occasion, district SC Vigilance and Monitoring Committee member Gudala Krishna said that as district Collector Kartikeya Mishra has taken special initiation for finding solutions to problems of these sections besides working for their welfare.
He also said that besides filling all the 286 backlog vacancies of SC and STs, Kartikeya Mishra also extended his services in getting Rs 2.86 crore as compensation in SC/ST atrocity cases. Krishna also said that in the recent Dalit death case at Simgampalli in Rangampeta mandal, the outgoing Collector had taken initiation in clearing the compensation.
Several people's representatives, NGO and voluntary organisation representatives and representatives of media complimented the services of Kartikeya Mishra to the district as chief administrator. SC/ ST Association leaders S Kannababu, S Phaneswara Rao, A Ramswara Rao, T Nooka Raju, A Gandhi and others participated.