- Air Akasa says its plea in court not against DGCA or Civil Aviation Ministry
- Unnao custodial death: Delhi HC grants bail to convicted UP Police officials
- Delhi Police rescues man attempting suicide on Instagram live
- BRS MLA M Hanumantha Rao quit party
- Quad ministerial meeting calls for comprehensive approach to fight terrorism
- Congress questions secular credentials of JD(S) following its alliance with BJP
- Bidhuri remarks row: Ali calls it 'hate speech', says could quit House if action not taken; Oppn rallies behind BSP MP
- Volume growth returning, rural demand seeing green shoots: Procter & Gamble
- Large number of valuable monuments not under any protection: Parliamentary panel
- Eight-year-old Indian-origin girl makes UK medical history By Aditi Khanna
SP Rahul Dev Sharma suggests civil dress for Mahila police
West Godavari Superintendent of Police Rahul Dev Sharma on Monday interacted with Mahila police and cleared their doubts regarding working hours, uniform, probation period, transfers, etc.
Eluru: West Godavari Superintendent of Police Rahul Dev Sharma on Monday interacted with Mahila police and cleared their doubts regarding working hours, uniform, probation period, transfers, etc.
Replying to the queries of some Mahila police, the SP said that except in emergency situations, the regular working hours will be from 10 am to 5 pm only.
When some Mahila police asked about the compulsory wearing of uniform, the SP replied that Mahila police will be in civil dress in general duties. But during ceremonial occasions and while on some specific task only Mahila police will wear uniform.
During regular duties, they can carry the jacket and cap with them and wear them when they feel it necessary.
The SP asked them to focus on classes being conducted for probation declaration and requested them not to be influenced by gossips.
All Mahila police should be proud of being police who are going to be eyes and ears of SHOs in coming days, the SP said.
He requested them to be more responsible in ensuring women safety.