- Bengaluru: Three die in road accident
- Major fire in Mumbai 1 injured others rescued
- Today's Top 5 Hyderabad News Updates 09-06-2023
- ‘Adipurush’ distributor in Telugu states stares at a loss: Experts
- Counseling for admissions into AP Gurukula schools scheduled from June 12 to 15
- Today's Top 5 Telangana News Updates 09-06-2023
- J&K Police rescue 250 tourists stuck in Kashmir's Affarwat
- Russia shifting to a war economy?
- JP Nadda to arrive in Tirupati today, to participate in public meeting tomorrow
- Hyderabad: BJP demands white paper on irrigation project
SPDCL takes steps to check power interruptions in Tirupati
Southern Power Distribution Company Limited (SPDCL) plans to take effective steps to check power interruptions in 8 districts under its limits.
Tirupati: Southern Power Distribution Company Limited (SPDCL) plans to take effective steps to check power interruptions in 8 districts under its limits.
SPDCL chairman and managing director (CMD) Ch Haranadha Rao on Friday directed the officials to list out where power interruption are more, feeder wise and subdivision wise and take up immediate remedial measure to check power failures.
CMD held a meeting with chief engineers, general managers, superintendent engineers and executive engineers here at the corporate office on prevention of power interruptions and also other issues including bringing down loss, improving collection etc.
Stating that more cases of transformer failures were reported in the field level, he wanted the officials to look into the issues to bring down transformer failure. A stock of transformers should be kept ready for replacement of failed transformers, he said.
Seeking the official to improve the performance by reducing losses and improving collection of dues and also preventing pilferage of electricity, he said this was essential to enable the SPDCL provide uninterrupted and quality power supply to consumers.