- Student slap case: Children provided counselling facilities, UP govt tells SC
- Google to Pull These 10 Apps from Play Store Over Non-Compliance
- Bengaluru cafe blast was due to IED, Siddaramaiah says
- Formula 1 chief and FIA president to meet over allegations against Christian Horner
- 'PM - Surya Ghar: Muft Bijli Yojana' promises to save Rs 15,000 per household
- My resolve is to prevent Trinamool from looting public money in Bengal: PM Modi
- Pakistan's presidential election on March 9
- 8 big investment funds exploring investment in telecom sector: Ashwini Vaishnaw
- In a first, India exports pomegranates by sea to USA
- World Teen Mental Wellness Day 2024: Date, history and significance
Stage set for counting of votes in Krishna
3,000 security personnel deployed to review security arrangements at the counting centres in Dhanekula Engineering College in Vijayawada city and Krishna University in Machilipatnam
Vijayawada: The Krishna district administration made elaborate arrangements for counting of votes at two counting centres, Dhanekula Engineering College in Vijayawada city and Krishna University in Machilipatnam on Thursday.
Collector Md Imtiaz inspected the counting centres on Wednesday evening. Later speaking to media, the collector said the three tier security was set up at counting centres with 3,000 security personnel.
Votes of Assembly constituencies Machilipatnam, Pedana, Kaikaluru, Avanigadda, Pamarru, Gudiwada, Penamaluru, Gannavaram, Nuzvid and Machiliapatnam Parliamentary constituency would be counted at Krishna University in Machilipatnam. Votes of Vijayawada East, Vijayawada Central, Vijayawada West, Mylavaram, Nandigama, Jaggaiahpet, Tiruvuru Assembly constituencies and Vijayawada Lok Sabha constituency would be counted at Dhanekula Engineering College in Vijayawada city.
Liquor shops closed today
Commissioner of Excise department Mukeshkumar Meena issued orders to close all liquor shops in the state for one day on Thursday. He conducted a meeting with the staff of Excise department and directed the officials to implement order strictly across the state.