- TDP-Jana Sena alliance unstoppable, declares Naidu
- Popular TS leaders’ statues to adorn Tank Bund
- YSRCP second-rung leaders want sitting MLAs changed
- Pak-bound ship with N-parcel seized
- Farmers cry hoarse for justice amidst borewell seizures
- 42-target set for Bengal BJP
- Modi from Varanasi again
- Traffic restrictions imposed ahead of PM Modi's Adilabad visit
- 13th CREDAI Hyderabad Property Show from March 8
- CM Revanth Reddy anguished over malnutrition among women, children in TS
Sun God temple annual revenue goes up steadily
he annual income of Sun God temple located at Arasavalli in Srikakulam has been increasing for the past nine years.
Srikakulam: The annual income of Sun God temple located at Arasavalli in Srikakulam has been increasing for the past nine years. Every year devotee rush also has also been improving with frequent availability of transport facilities.
In 2010-11 yearly revenue of the temple was Rs 2.34 crore, it was enhanced to Rs 3.18 crore in 2011-12 financial year. Again in 2013-14 financial year revenue was reported as Rs 3.58 crore and it increased to Rs 4.21 crore in 2014-15 financial year. In 2016-17 financial yearly revenue was recorded as Rs 4.39 crore it had been increased to Rs 5.48 crore in 2017-18 financial year.
In 2018-19 financial year, Sun God temple revenue was reported as Rs 6.03 crore. According to temple Executive Officer (EO), R Pusphanadham the revenue sources of the temple are from sales of darsan tickets on all Sundays and auspicious days, from issuing of prasadam tokens and donations presented by the devotees.
``We are going to improve all facilities at the temple to provide hassle free darsan to the devotees,'' the EO explained. In the wake of summer, we are providing drinking water to the devotees at temple queue lines, he added. Widening works of roads around the temple had been initiated by the previous Collector, K.Dhanunjaya Reddy which would be executed soon to clear devotee and vehicle rush around the temple.