- ‘Jawan’ beats ‘Gadar 2’; becomes highest grossing Hindi film
- Action is about telling a story with every punch, kick & movement: Vidyut Jammwal
- Kartik Aryan takes ice bath in Kashmir river to celebrate ‘Chandu Champion’ wrap
- Big B’s memorabilia up for auction ahead of his 81st birthday
- Balakrishna extends support to Pawan's Varahi Yatra, says not scared of cases
- India to host PATA Travel Mart 2023 in Delhi from Oct 4-6: Ministry of Tourism
- Vaidehi, Prajwal Dev lead exciting field at National Tennis Championship set to begin on Monday
- Men’s ODI WC: South Africa hope to have captain Temba Bavuma back with side by ‘early next week’
- Rajouri attack case: NIA conducts raids in J&K's Poonch on LeT OWGs suspect premises
- FB, X & YouTube pages most delisted from Google Search: Report
TDP proposes names for Select Committee for study of three capitals
Except YSRCP, all political parties in the Legislative Council have proposed the names of their MLCs for the two Select Committees including the cancellation Bill of APCRDA and the Decentralization Bill.
Amaravati: Except YSRCP, all political parties in the Legislative Council have proposed the names of their MLCs for the two Select Committees including the cancellation Bill of APCRDA and the Decentralization Bill.
It is known that both these Bills were introduced and passed in Legislative Assembly but referred to Select Committee in the Legislative Council, amidst huge political drama in the recently concluded special session.
The TDLP proposed the names of MLCs including G. Deepak Reddy from Ananthapuramu, Batchula Arjunudu from Krishna, Beeda Ravichandra from Nellore, Gownivari Srinivasulu from Chittoor and Budda Naga Jagadeswara Rao from Visakhapatnam for the Select Committee on the AP Capital Region Development Authority Repeal Bill 2020. Somu Veerraju of BJP and Illa Venkateswara Rao of Progressive Democratic Front (PDF) also named for the committee.
On the other hand, the MLCs including P. Ashok Babu representing from Krishna, Nara Lokesh from Guntur, G. Tippe Swamy from Ananthapuramu, B.T. Naidu form Kurnool and G. Sandhya Rani from Vizianagaram were named for the Select Committee on the AP Decentralization and Inclusive Development of all Regions Bill 2020, by the TDLP. PVN Madhav from BJP and KS Lakshmana Rao from PDF also proposed for the same committee.
Legally, the ministers concerned who introduced the Bill would be appointed as Chairman. The Decentralization Bill is introduced by the Minister for Finance and Legislative Affairs Buggana Rajendranath Reddy. The APCRDA repeal Bill is introduced by Minister for Municipal Administration and Urban Development Botcha Satyanarayana introduced.
As per the strength of the parties in the Legislative Council, the Chairman will appoint the members in the Committees. The TDP proposed 5 MLCs for each Committee, whereas both BJP and PDF proposed each one in each committee. The YSRCP also has the opportunity to propose its members in the Committees. But, so far they did not react to the appeal of the Council Chairman. It was learnt from the party sources that as they have been opposing the Select Committees, the YSRCP would deny naming anybody from the party.
After constituting the Committees, the Chairman will announce the terms and tenure of them.