- Leaders’ help sought for smooth conduct of Mbnr MLC by-election
- Hussain Sagar will be developed into world-class tourist centre: CM
- Srisailam Brahmotsavam to begins from tomorrow in Nandyal
- Vijayawada: Congress to make SCS declaration on March 1
- TDP suffers setback in Konaseema district
- Ongole MP Srinivasulu Reddy quits YSRCP
- Telangana govt waives 90% arrears interest on property tax
- Hyderabad Lok Sabha Constituency: Congress smells huge voter fraud in ‘electoral rolls’
- Nellore: YSRCP leaders desert party in droves
- Tirupati: TDP’s delay on candidate fuels speculations
Thyroid awareness campaign organised
A free thyroid awareness campaign was held on the occasion of World Thyroid Day by senior physician Dr P Krishna Prasanthi and senior surgeon Dr S Harinatha Reddy of Harshitha Hospital here on Saturday.
Tirupati: A free thyroid awareness campaign was held on the occasion of World Thyroid Day by senior physician Dr P Krishna Prasanthi and senior surgeon Dr S Harinatha Reddy of Harshitha Hospital here on Saturday.
As part of Make India Thyroid Away–MITA programme at national level, the doctors have created awareness among patients on the thyroid gland and its work along with the problems that may arise due to hormone deficiency. Dr Krishna Prasanthi has said that the if the butterfly shaped thyroid gland release thyroid hormones patients will be affected by hypothyroidism and when it releases more, they suffer with hyperthyroidism.
This will be caused by iodine deficiency in food or auto immune diseases or due to certain medicines. Aged people and Pregnant women have the risk of getting thyroid cancer. They need to undergo ultrasound scanning and other tests.