- Greater autonomy to LU with UGC category 1 tag
- Probable CM candidates in discussion in Rajasthan as BJP, Cong both expect to win
- MoS Rajeev Chandrasekhar moves Kerala HC, seeks quashing of hate speech case
- Ban on BS III petrol & BS IV diesel vehicles revoked, Delhi govt clarifies
- Meta halts sales of Quest 3 Elite Battery Strap amid charging flaw: Report
- Supreme Court refuses to entertain contempt plea against Stalin Jr over his controversial statements on 'Sanatan Dharma'
- International Jaguar Day
- Karimnagar: Bandi organises Maha Bike Rally
- YS Jagan virtually inaugurates the industries worth Rs. 1072 crore
- Google Slides presentation recording feature coming soon; Details
Tirupati: Respite to Chittoor district from Covid-19
Tirupati: Giving a big relief to the officials as well as people, no corona positive case has been reported in the district for the last three days....
Tirupati: Giving a big relief to the officials as well as people, no corona positive case has been reported in the district for the last three days. After 14 cases were tested positive on April 23, the next three days has witnessed no positive case when about 1,200 samples are tested for Covid.
Meanwhile, Srikalahasti town has been continuing in strict lockdown for the third day as people are forced to remain indoors. Meanwhile, four positive patients were discharged on Saturday from Chittoor and Tirupati. From district Covid hospital in Chittoor, two women from Nagari were discharged after they were tested negative twice after 14 days. Later in the night, one patient from Srikalahasti and another women patient from Tirupati have been discharged.
With these four discharges, so far 15 patients have been discharged leaving the number of active cases as 58 out of total 73 cases in the district. On the other hand, the officials have focussed their attention in finding out the reasons for massive spread of the virus in Srikalahasti and on preventive steps to control the spread.
A special team appointed by the government has been analysing the factors responsible for the government employees fall victims of the Covid-19 in Srikalahasti. They are also studying how the lockdown was implemented in the town which might have caused the spread of the virus.