- US prepares for potential government shutdown
- Hyderabad's Class 7 student earns PM Modi's praise
- 2nd ODI: Shubman Gill is touted to be the next big thing in World Cricket says Abhishek Nayar
- Death toll in Taiwan factory fire, explosions rises to 10
- Akhilesh's national ambition could wreck INDIA bloc's seat-sharing plans
- Dahal in China for Business Summit
- Aspiring Indian students get admission in Canadian institutes as they normally do: Officials
- ACB court extends Chandrababu remand till October 5
- Indian Navy chief participates in Seapower Symposium in US
- Rahul again pitches for immediate implementation of Women's Reservation Bill, need for caste census
AP Cabinet approves three new schemes
The AP Cabinet has approved three new welfare schemes in the name of late CM YS Rajasekhara Reddy. The government has decided to implement YSR Pelli Kanuka, YSR sports incentive scheme, and another scheme for auto and taxi drivers.
Amaravati: The AP Cabinet has approved three new welfare schemes in the name of late CM YS Rajasekhara Reddy. The government has decided to implement YSR Pelli Kanuka, YSR sports incentive scheme, and another scheme for auto and taxi drivers.
The people who are having their own auto and maxi cabs will be provided Rs 10,000 per annum, and wife and husband are counted as one unit. Even their son and daughter who are major and having own vehicle will also be given Rs 10,000 in the scheme.
It's estimated that Rs 400 crore will be annually expenditure for this scheme. Nearly 4 lakh people will be benefited. Beneficiaries can apply online for this scheme starting from September 10. Transport commissioners, headed by district Collectors will consider applications and select beneficiaries.
The Cabinet has approved cash prizes under YSR Sports Incentive scheme for all sportspersons who had won medals at the National level. The gold medalists would be given Rs 5 lakh, silver medalists Rs 4 lakh, and bronze medalist will get Rs 3 lakh. Rs 5 crore has been allocated for this scheme.
AP government is going to implement a new scheme in the name of YSR Pelli Kanuka. Rs 750 crore will be allocated for this scheme. This initiative of state government will provide financial aid to the brides of different caste.
For SCs Rs 1 lakh, STs Rs 1 lakh, SCs, and STs inter-caste marriage will get Rs 1.25 lakh, BCs Rs 50,000, BCs inter-caste marriages will be provided Rs 75,000, Minorities Rs 1 lakh, Rs 1.50 lakhs for the disabled, Construction labor children will get Rs 1 lakh as Pelli Kanuka under this scheme.