- Zoomtopia 2023: One platform delivering limitless human connection
- Hyderabad man dies in US after falling into swimming pool
- NMC believes that Union should not represent matter, ASG tells Delhi HC in stem cell therapy for autism case
- Sri Lanka varsity drops joint research with Chinese ship Shi Yan 6 despite pressure from Beijing
- Assam to conduct socio-economic survey of five 'indigenous' Muslim communities
- Bajaj Allianz gets Rs 1,010 crore GST demand notice
- Asian Games: Parul Choudhary, Annu Rani claim gold as India picks six medals in athletics
- Delhi HC defers Kal Airways' Kalanithi Maran's plea against SpiceJet CMD to Oct 9
- Maruti Suzuki gets Income Tax Dept order to pay up Rs 2,159cr
- Manipur CM announces reward on absconding ‘rumour monger’
Visakhapatnam: Empowering women in G20 countries and beyond
PRSI and RINL conduct awareness programmes on G20 to motivate the public
Visakhapatnam : Women’s economic empowerment is at the heart of India’s G20 agenda and all the G20 nations would achieve the objective of women-led development under the leadership of India, said RINL Director (Personnel) SC Pandey here on Saturday.
During a conference held on 'India’s G20 Presidency: Empowering Women in G20 Countries and Beyond', Pandey observed that Indian policies have helped empower women and reduced the gender inequalities and the country is fast moving from the paradigm of women’s development to women-led development.
Organised jointly by Public Relations Society of India (PRSI), Visakhapatnam chapter and RINL at Ukkunagaram Management Development Centre, the programme, attended by PRSI Visakhapatnam chapter chairman PLK Murthy and vice-chairman RP Sharma, south India vice-president US Sarma and secretary A.Govinda Rao, aimed to conduct public awareness programmes on G20 to motivate the public.
India has been making waves in the world of women’s rights, especially in recent years, implementing various policies like Nari Shakti Scheme, Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP), Women in Engineering, Science and Technology (WEST), Pandey added. Further he informed that Nari Shakti at RINL is also delivering phenomenal results and contributing significantly for the growth and sustainability of the organisation.
GITAM Associate Professor and expert in international business Dr.Radha Raghuramapatruni delivered a special talk and said that the W20 Hamburg 2017 Communiqué persuaded that G20’s goal of inclusive and sustainable economic growth in an interconnected world would not have been achieved without the G20’s commitment to women’s economic empowerment by means of full property rights, legal capacity, right to self-determination, and their effective protection from violence. A large number of RINL women executives and PRSI members participated in the event.