- Nepal Trekking: News Updates and Must Visit Trekking Havens for Thrill-Seekers Worldwide
- With unsecured personal loans under lens, growth momentum in the segment to derail in coming quarters
- Andhra CM Jagan takes poll battle to Chandrababu Naidu's home turf - Kuppam
- India seeks greater say for developing countries at WTO meet
- It was a joy to be a part of a lyrical, poetic, and deeply romantic story: Shahbaz Khan
- Samsung’s Most Intelligent PC Lineup Galaxy Book4 Series Goes on Sale in India
- KIUG 2023: Sambalpur’s Sujata Kujur hopes to make it to Indian women’s hockey team
- VESCOA Partner with ISRO, signed MoU with ASSOCHAM to Advance Collaborative Initiatives
- FM Sitharaman stresses on compliance of norms at meet with fintech heads
- Indian Navy conducts airborne insertion ops over Arabian Sea
VMC Commissioner inspects desiltation works
VMC Commissioner M Rama Rao ordered the officials to take appropriate action and see that there is a free flow of drain water from the major out flow drains in the city.
Vijayawada: VMC Commissioner M Rama Rao ordered the officials to take appropriate action and see that there is a free flow of drain water from the major out flow drains in the city. As part of the daily inspection, the commissioner on Sunday visited municipal divisions 30, 31 and 39 and inspected the silt and garbage cleaning works at major drains.
He inspected the de-siltation works near Chanumolu Venkatrao flyover (milk project flyover) and gave some suggestions to the officials. He also ordered the workforce to clear the debris. On observing some traders, throwing waste into the side canals at KT Road the commissioner ordered the officials to impose fine under Public Health Act on them.
Later the commissioner inspected the de-siltation works in 39 division Jandha Verdi, Hindu High School road, Jandha chettu centre and told the officials to ensure that the garbage should be removed once in two days. VMC Chief medical officer Dr K Arjuna Rao, health officer Dr B Raju, Dr Iqbal Hussain and others were present.