- Suspected IED blast kills student in Manipur, another injured
- Asian Track Cycling: Arshad Shaikh, Jyoti Gaderiya win their third gold; Harshita bags silver as India claims four medals
- Corporate earnings surprised on the upside due to improvement in margins
- Ashok Chavan 'injures' Congress again, 55 Nanded ex-corporators join BJP
- Adani Group, Uber to form JV to help expand fleet on green energy?
- One killed as fire breaks out in Singapore apartment
- Two soldiers killed after helicopter crashes in US
- No difference of opinion between me and Satheesan, says Sudhakaran after show of temper
- ‘Farmers first’ policy is Modi govt's resolve to boost their income: A look at key initiatives
- KIUG 2023: Shooter Tejaswini bags Delhi University’s first medal; Chandigarh on top of medal table
YS Jagan extends support to RGV
The Vijayawada police on Sunday have not allowed controversial filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma and stopped him from holding a press meet in Vijayawada.
The Vijayawada police on Sunday have not allowed controversial filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma and stopped him from holding a press meet in Vijayawada. RGV's much-hyped movie Lakshmi's NTR is all set to hit the theaters on May 1 in Andhra Pradesh.
The police detained RGV and the movie unit at Gannavaram airport and forcibly sent back to Hyderabad.
YSR Congress Party president YS Jagan Mohan Reddy extended his support to RGV and condemned the incident. The YSRCP chief issued a statement, "Such incidents are a blot on democracy which are deplorable."
"Our democracy is in such a situation that we cannot hold a press meet in Vijayawada. Our police men are being used like a pawn in this democracy. Chandrababu Garu, what wrong did Ram Gopal Varma do?," YS Jagan tweeted.
విజయవాడలో ప్రెస్ మీట్ పెట్టలేని పరిస్థితుల్లో మన ప్రజాస్వామ్యం ఉంది. పోలీసుల్ని బంట్రోతులు కన్నా హీనంగా వాడుకునే పరిస్థితుల్లో మన ప్రజాస్వామ్యం ఉంది. ఇదా ప్రజాస్వామ్యం..!— YS Jagan Mohan Reddy (@ysjagan) April 29, 2019
చంద్రబాబు గారూ..! ఇంతకీ రామ్ గోపాల్ వర్మ చేసిన తప్పేంటి..?