- Zoomtopia 2023: One platform delivering limitless human connection
- Hyderabad man dies in US after falling into swimming pool
- NMC believes that Union should not represent matter, ASG tells Delhi HC in stem cell therapy for autism case
- Sri Lanka varsity drops joint research with Chinese ship Shi Yan 6 despite pressure from Beijing
- Assam to conduct socio-economic survey of five 'indigenous' Muslim communities
- Bajaj Allianz gets Rs 1,010 crore GST demand notice
- Asian Games: Parul Choudhary, Annu Rani claim gold as India picks six medals in athletics
- Delhi HC defers Kal Airways' Kalanithi Maran's plea against SpiceJet CMD to Oct 9
- Maruti Suzuki gets Income Tax Dept order to pay up Rs 2,159cr
- Manipur CM announces reward on absconding ‘rumour monger’
YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme gets good response in Srikakulam
As many as 23 teams are conducting survey to identify patients to perform eye tests and surgeries
Srikakulam : YSR Kanti Velugu Scheme is receiving good response from people in Srikakulam district. The scheme is meant to identify persons, who are suffering from eye related ailments and provide treatment.
District medical and health department officials and staff identified 2.94 lakh people, who crossed 60 years of age and suffering from different types of eye related ailments.
A total of 23 medical teams are conducting massive survey over eye related ailments among old aged people and conducted simple tests of eye related ailments.
After tests they fixed a date for medical treatment and surgery etc., by coordinating with concerned officials and hospitals in the district.
The State government is providing funds for it and patients will be treated at selected and notified hospitals and supply for required medicine and spectacles.
“We have conducted eye surgeries for 12,000 patients so far in the district and preparing for another 8,000 patients,” said district medical and health officer (DM&HO), Boddepalli Meenakshi.
She appealed to people to avail the facility provided by government through YSR Kanti Velugu sheme. Srikakulam district stood first under the YSR Kantivelugu scheme in the state, DM&HO added.