- PIL in SC seeks directions to Centre and States to consider reasonable demands of farmers
- ISL 2023-24: Bengaluru FC push for playoffs against Hyderabad FC in Sunil Chhetri's 150th outing
- Creditors face haircut of 68% on admitted claims under IBC
- Shri Ramcharitmanas row: SC grants 2 weeks to UP government to file its reply on Swami Prasad Maurya's plea
- PVL Season 3: Calicut Heroes blaze through Delhi Toofans to get dominant win
- NewsClick row: Court grants Delhi Police 20 more days to file charge sheet in UAPA case
- Swaad of South Unveils Newest Outlet in Madhapur, Offering a Fusion of Tradition and Innovation in South Indian Vegetarian Cuisine
- This universal story about the tragic isolation of old age will move and stir Kannada and Telugu audiences: Deepak Qazir Kejriwal
- NIT Calicut and Vehant Technologies Signs MoU to Co-Teach Students and Jointly Work on AI/ML Projects
- List of Environmentally-Friendly Products Spearheading Green Movement for a Healthier Planet
Emerald Jewellery acquires Tej to zero in on 5L designs
IBM and Emerald Jewel Industry India Limited (Emerald Jewellery) unveiled Tej, a first-of-its-kind Artificial Intelligence (AI) enabled mobile application platform, powering the B2B business.
Bengaluru: IBM and Emerald Jewel Industry India Limited (Emerald Jewellery) unveiled Tej, a first-of-its-kind Artificial Intelligence (AI) enabled mobile application platform, powering the B2B business. The app connects Emerald Jewellery with its 200 dealers, enabling them to search through a growing catalogue of over 500,000 jewellery designs quickly and navigate the complex ordering process easily.
As part of the multi-year engagement, Emerald Jewellery selected IBM iX, the business design arm of IBM Services, to design, build and deploy Tej, which runs on iOS and Android operating systems. Utilizing the IBM Garage Methodology and IBM Research Labs India, a team of IBM technology and mobile design experts developed the Visual Browse and Visual Search APIs which is hosted on IBM Public Cloud and secured with the IBM Security MaaS360 with Watson Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) platform.
The collaboration with IBM has enabled Emerald Jewellery to redesign the buying process for their dealers, from jewellery design selection to placing a purchase order, using a zero-touch engagement model. Tej App integrates with Visual Browse and Visual Search from IBM Research labs developed for enhanced cognitive search capabilities. IBM India Research Labs developed the vision APIs to help Emerald Jewellery dealers search for specific design elements more easily.
"Our business model is B2B sales where we sell to wholesalers, dealers and large retail chains. With an in-house design team of 170 manual and computer-aided designers based out of Bombay, Delhi, Kolkata and Coimbatore, we have built a design bank of more than 500,000 designs. We introduce more than 2,000 new designs across categories every month. This is one of our greatest strengths and there is a need to showcase this to our customers and expand the design range for jewellery retail in India," said Mr. K Srinivasan, Managing Director, Emerald Jewel Industry India Limited.
Sandip Patel, Managing Director, IBM India/South Asia, said, "We are proud to partner with Emerald Jewel Industry India Limited. As their strategic transformation partner, we were able to deliver to a challenging and complex requirement of a B2B ordering system. Each order having multiple configurations of jewellery designs in various caratage, size and weight, was a complex CPQ (Configure Price and Quote) system that was built for Emerald Jewellery on a hybrid mobile app architecture hosted on IBM Cloud."